Start your Wednesday off with these simple self-love practices to help motivate you this week
Hey guys! Let’s talk about L.O.V.E. Not just any kind of love, but self love. One of the most important kinds of love there is. Today I want to give you some of the best advice about self love!
“Don’t forget to love yourself first”
I love this quote because I find it to be so important and so true. As a woman, unconditionally loving yourself can be somewhat of a challenge sometimes because of all the “standards” about how we should look, how we should feel and how we should act. Self-love is something that each and every one of us should consciously practice every day. To love someone else unconditionally, you must first love yourself unconditionally.
I, myself, have struggled over the years with accepting myself and my body. For a long time I was very self-conscious about what my body looked like and how thin I was. Some days I would feel great, workout and eat healthy, and other days I would limit myself to a certain amount of calories and wear looser clothes so that people wouldn’t see how “fat” I was. I wouldn’t go as far as saying I had an eating disorder, but as a teenager that is not what living is. I was living a life where my happiness solely depended on how I looked. I was constantly comparing myself to others and all I cared about was what others thought of me. That is not living. To live is to feel, experience and love. I did not love myself because I was consumed by what other people thought of me.
The moment I began practicing the art of self-love is the exact moment I began to receive love in my life in every form imaginable.
Here are Some Self-Love Tips I live By:
- Mindfullness! Be aware of what you are thinking, feeling and saying as often as you can! When you are mindful of your own thoughts and words, you begin to focus on yourself instead of what others think of you.
- Act on what you need instead of what you want
- Self-care is NOT being selfish! Pamper yourself and take care of your mind, body and soul!
- Eliminate toxicity from your life – whether that friendships or relationships, if it isn’t nourishing your mind, body and soul, time to ditch it!
- Stop comparing yourself to others – comparison is the thief of joy.
- Listen to your body and to yourself
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” — Lucille Ball